If you believe that you have a virus or any other type of malicious malware on your computer, you need to take the needed steps right away. Sometimes these problems can occur and the system will slow down due to the registry errors that it is having. If you think that perhaps you do not have a virus, but rather registry errors then you should get a registry cleaner and optimizer from a directory. However, if you think it is a virus then there are some procedures that can remove the malware from your computer unless they are completely unknown, rare strains of viruses. For more information about mobile viruses visit: http://mobile-phone-spy.net. You should ensure that you complete all of the necessary steps, so you can be sure that the virus or viruses are completely removed from the PC. You should look out for these signs that can be caused through viruses:
- Slow computer or internet connection.
- Strange and uncalled for web browser re-directions and pop ups.
- System is giving you a ‘RPC’ error, and a 30 second window that tells you it is going to restart.
- System functions are unavailable for use such as the Internet, Task Manager or Control Panel of the PC.
- High internet traffic going on through your computer.
- Unexplained errors or program failures, even if you just installed the program.
Step by Step Process:
- Run the virus scanner that you have, but always beware since many of the modern viruses these days can hide from or dodge anti-virus programs that are run.
- Use reputable and well known antivirus software. You should make sure there are good reviews and feedback on the one that you choose to use. There are both free and pay for programs, but you should see which one has the highest detection rate.
- If a virus was found, then you’re not done yet. You need to follow more steps to remove the virus from your computer.
- Install a Malware remover program. There are many out there, and once again you should use one that has the most success and is highly reputable. They are scanners that locate and destroy the virus. However, some viruses might not be able to be removed by using a program.
With the Program:
- Reboot your computer into the ‘Safe Mode’ option that is given. You should then press F8 before it loads. Safe Mode will disable a lot of the startup programs that normally boot up.
- Once you’re on your desktop in safe mode, you should run your Malware scanners one after another, and delete any references that have been found. However, when you’re deleting these infected files, you want to also make sure that you’re not deleting any important folders and files that are needed.
Without the Program:
- Reboot the computer into the ‘Safe Mode with Networking’ option and then restart your computer and press the F8 button before the computer loads. This mode will disable a lot of the programs that start up with the computer but it will give you the power to use basic web browsing so you can download a program in safe mode to get a full scan instead of quick scan.
- Search for a program, install and update it to ensure the proper use.
- Run the program and delete any infected cases that have been found but make sure that you do not remove any files or folders that are important to the computer and system.
In case Safe Mode is Not Available:
- Have a boot disc that you can use handy from a reputable scanning program.
- Reboot the system by using the disc by putting the disc in and booting up and pressing F9, F10, F11 or Esc depending on the type of computer.
- Scan your computer through the boot disc, but make sure not to remove any important files or folders that are beneficial to your computer.
- Boot into the hard drive, and continue to scan all available places, removing viruses from the computer as you go.
Once you have scanned, removed and did everything that you had to do with whatever option that you used, you should then back up the data that is stored on your computer. Once this is done, restart the computer and see if the virus is removed.
Once you have done all of this, and there are no more issues, then you should feel confident and congratulate yourself at being virus and malware free.
Tips and Warnings to Watch Out for:
- If you’re unsure of the process then you shouldn’t do it to be safe. You can find someone that is more knowledgeable about the process to do it.
- Making sure to boot the computer up in Safe Mode is especially important to ensure the virus doesn’t attack the system.
- Always make sure that you keep and run your backups for the computer to ensure that you do not lose data along the way. You do not want to lose out on any of your valuable information along the anti-virus process.
- Removing malware or viruses can be lengthy depending on the type of virus you’re trying to remove so try and be patient throughout the process. It could take hours, days, and even weeks to safely remove them.
- Wipe the free space on your computer in a secure way and make sure that it is complete in order to avoid any unauthorized people restoring or even deleting the files with any type of recovery software that can be used.
If you need to find a professional for the job because you’re unsure of how to do this, or do not think you’re doing it the right way then do so with confidence and make sure you find a company that is reputable and trustworthy with the files and folders that are on your computer, and once again keep a backup of your information handy when you give them the computer to remove the viruses in case of missing information. After removing the virus (malware) from your computer, make sure to download and scan with one of the best registry cleaners to fix any damage the virus might have done to your Windows installation.