Employment: Instructor; Jones County Junior College; Ellisville, Mississippi Education:
Bachelor of Science Degree with Honors; University of Southern Mississippi (USM) 1988
Doctor of Philosophy in Biochemistry; USM 1994
- Executive Director- American Junior Academy of Science 1999-present
- National Association for the Academies of Science- board member 1999-present
- World Academy of Young Scientists- member and liaison
- Network for Youth Excellence -charter member and liaison
- Member/director of the US delegation; International Science & Engineering Camp, South Korea; 2004.
- Speaker at the NATO-UNESCO Advanced Research Workshop; Eger, Hungary; 2004
- 1996 Preproposal Review Panel Member for the National Science Foundation in Advanced Technological Education
- ississippi Community & Junior College Faculty Association president
National teaching awards:
- Exxon Education Foundation Innovation Teaching Award (1996)
- Invited speaker to the National Academies of Science Executive Teacher’s Council; 2005
State teaching awards:
- Outstanding Contributions to the Teaching of Science at the Community College Level Teaching Award for the State of Mississippi (1997)
- Recognized by the Mississippi House of Representative, Mississippi State Senate and Lt. Gov. Ronnie Musgrove for "significant contributions in the teaching of science in Mississippi"- 3/3/97.
- Honored in House Concurrent Resolution No. 91 passed by the Mississippi House of Representative (3-16-2000) & Mississippi State Senate "for recognition in being named the National Director of AJAS " 3/22/2000.
- The Dudley F. Peeler Award for Outstanding Contributions to The Mississippi Academy of Sciences (2002)
- Eight peer-reviewed publications and over 60 published abstracts, short articles and newsletters
- Eighteen grants/events submitted/funded